Expanded product line includes DENSO’s new Iridium TT series spark plugs
LONG BEACH, Calif. – DENSO Products and Services Americas has released its 2015 Spark Plug Catalog, which features more than 634 part numbers covering more than 250 million cars and trucks in operation. The catalog includes DENSO’s newest product line, the Iridium TT “Twin-Tip” Technology spark plugs, designed to perform for more than 100,000 miles.
“We offer a wide range of OE-type and aftermarket spark plugs for most makes and models on the road today,” said Frank Cisek, senior manager of Aftermarket Sales. “Each is designed to meet DENSO’s high standards of quality, reliability and value our customers know and trust.”
Available online and in print, the expanded catalog features seven new OE-type spark plugs that provide additional coverage for many brand new vehicles, as well as older models. The latest update also includes 2,000 additional applications for another 1.6 million cars and trucks.
A global leader in spark plug and ignition technology, DENSO has leveraged its partnerships with automakers to ensure reliable ignition performance of its spark plugs under a wide range of driving conditions. Manufacturers include Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Hyundai, GM, Mitsubishi, Mazda and others. DENSO’s spark plug product lines are:
- Iridium TT® – DENSO’s latest Twin-Tip spark plug that combines the power and torque of a high performance spark plug and original equipment long life durability, bringing you superior performance and fuel economy over 100,000 miles.
- Platinum TT® – Cutting-edge Twin-Tip Technology design using Platinum and Titanium, customized for today’s value-minded and fuel economy sensitive customer.
- U-Groove – A patented design that enables complete combustion by allowing the spark to fill the gap created by the U-shaped ground electrode.
- Double Platinum – Features OE Manufacturer grade platinum on both the center and ground electrodes for sustained performance over 60,000 miles.
- Iridium Long Life – Using a new 360-degree laser welding process and patented iridium alloy, the Iridium Long Life is unsurpassed in ignitability and spark plug life.
- Iridium Power® – Featuring the world’s smallest center electrode of 0.4mm that withstands temperatures over 4,000 degrees Fahrenheit, these plugs deliver maximum spark energy to improve performance during acceleration for high performance and powersports applications.
- Iridium Racing® – Designed for the elite racer, this spark plug is engineered to be reliable under the most extreme loads, maximizing track time and minimizing downtime.
DENSO’s convenient website makes it easy to find the right replacement spark plug by make, model, model year, engine or original equipment part number. For more information, visit www.densott.com.
About DENSO Products and Services Americas:
DENSO Products and Services Americas Inc. is an automotive components sales, remanufacturing and distribution company that employs 470 people in Long Beach, Calif., and Murrieta, Calif. The company’s product line includes heavy-duty and automotive alternators, starters, oil, cabin and air filters, spark plugs, AC compressors, oxygen sensors, ignition wires, fuel pumps, fuel injectors and wiper blades. DENSO Products and Services Americas supplies parts for original equipment service dealers, independent aftermarket service centers and retailers. In addition, the company distributes heavy-duty diesel and electrical components, portable commercial air-conditioning units and industrial robots. For more information, go to www.densoautoparts.com.
DENSO Corp., headquartered in Kariya, Aichi prefecture, Japan, is a leading global automotive supplier of advanced technology, systems and components in the areas of thermal, powertrain control, electronics, information and safety. Its customers include all the world's major carmakers. Worldwide, the company has more than 200 subsidiaries and affiliates in 38 countries and regions (including Japan) and employs nearly 140,000 people. Consolidated global sales for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015, totaled US$35.9 billion. Last fiscal year, DENSO spent 9.2 percent of its global consolidated sales on research and development. DENSO common stock is traded on the Tokyo and Nagoya stock exchanges. For more information, go to www.globaldenso.com, or visit our media website at www.densomediacenter.com.
About DENSO in North America:
In North America, DENSO employs more than 22,000 people at 30 consolidated companies and affiliates. Of these, 25 are manufacturing facilities located in the United States, Canada and Mexico. In the United States alone, DENSO employs more than 14,000 people in California, Michigan, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Iowa, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and Arkansas. DENSO’s North American consolidated sales totaled US$8.0 billion for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015. For more information, go to www.densocorp-na.com.
Connect with us on Facebook.
# # #